Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Busy!

Well I've been busy sweating so not had time to write about any of it!

Highlights:

About a month ago went to Llandegla with the people from work - Nick fell in a massive puddle at the start of the first section after the slog up the hill.  Not just any puddle, it was Llyn Llandegla!  He was submerged so deep only his neck and head were out - there were huge chunks of ice so fair play to him for staying in such good cheer for the rest of the route!

Got a 910XT forerunner and retired the 305 to my dad.  Bit annoyed you need to do some working arounds with the TCX/GPX files on larger routes or the zoom plays up - apparently you need to select the normalize route option on http://www.gpsies.com if you convert, look in advanced options for the space evenly option.  If you don't do this the track disappears and it keeps redrawing which takes an age!  Also zoom at highest level didnt work - I'm yet to verify this!

Chiltern Kanter - First go at running an LDWA event.  Did the first 12/13 miles in 2.5hrs which was good - finished in 6:45hr overall.

Mud & Mayhem Duathlon (Thetford) - Planned a time of 2:30 from an educated guess - finished in 2:09 so pretty pleased.  Felt a bit off too - so definitely room for improvement.

Second Lap!


Strava - I've been blowing up trying to tempo run too fast but managed a PB the other day on a 5k route - about 25mins :)  Need to be careful that this doesn't dominate the schedule and I continue paying attention to my heart rate for cardio runs.

Today I bought a Ribble R872 - so hopefully the peddling should be stronger soon :)  Need to get the turbo from my dad!

I also managed a PB in the pool - averaging 1:50/100m over 400m - it's all going the right way!

Tomorrow I'm getting into work early - long run at lunch, somewhere between 7.5-8.5 miles :)

I've been doing weights - although haven't done any for a week or two since the Kanter - although I just did 30 push ups with some left in the tank.  I need to get back on this although I have the South Wales Three Peaks (17 miles platinum route) on Saturday which I'm walking with my dad, so I'll be back on weights next week - need to get squatting!

Bit of a sketchy post - really need to do this more regularly!

Oh one other thing - got my Fellsman entry! :S

No comments:

Post a Comment