Saturday, January 30, 2010

Disaster!

Everything was going well this morning, I'd packed my bag the previous and we were on the road on time (very unusual for me).  We were making good progress down the A5 and even with the diversion around Bala because of the road slip we were making good time.  As we rejoined the A5 we could see the major mountains of northern Snowdonia, and they looked great!


You can make out Snowdon on the left, Moel Siabod centre left, Glyders in the middle, then the top of Tryfan and the Carneddau on the right.  This was to be as close as we got, as the back of my mates Land Rover Discovery slipped as we went around a corner and no amount of opposite lock was going to save it.  We hit a dry stone wall twice:


After we spun again (maybe twice) before coming to a stop with the horn stuck on and the Disco was looking very worse for wear.  My friend thinks its a write off:



Well nobody was hurt but my mates gutted and we missed out on what looked like a cracking day for climbing the Trinity Face.  I'm going out for a few pints tomorrow then (as long as I don't drink too much) I'll be driving myself tomorrow for a solo on Central Trinity.  Hopefully without event...



No comments:

Post a Comment