Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Where to next?

Well I've been patiently waiting for a colder period and hopefully it looks like one could be on the way for this weekend, there are already reports coming from other bloggers that Clogwyn y Garnedd, Cwm Cneifon and Cwm Glas Mawr are all in nick and hopefully by the weekend (if we believe the weather reports) they will be perfect.

My first choice is Central Trinity, its a classic and I've been meaning to do it for a while now.  I also had a designs on Gully I in Red Tarn Cove (Helvellyn) but it seems a waste to drive an extra two hours round trip when there is a classic waiting to be done closer.

While its been quiet I've started running again and getting some events in my diary.  I want to try and do around 1:50 on the Ironbridge Half Marathon.  I've entered this twice now and been ill both times :(  As a little pre-race aid to train (haha) I'm also going to do the Long Mynd Valleys Race which is in the beautiful Shropshire hills, the most significant local hills.  It's 11.5 miles with 4500ft of ascent so that should make the half feel like a breeze (here's to hoping!).  I've been getting into a training scheme and I'll be just over 50 miles worth of running in the last two weeks by Sunday if all goes to plan.


I also need to get my thumb out and sort a trip to Scotland in the next few weeks (unless the snow comes back to Wales with a vengeance, here is to hoping!)



Hopefully I'll have some more pics of snow plastered mountains Saturday evening or Sunday :)  And next week some of me in my Skins trousers looking like I'm going to pass out!


I almost forgot; I've just ordered the Cicerone Welsh Winter Climbs guidebook from the Cicerone website - after a little digging on Google I found if you enter CICERONE in the vouchers section you get 20% off.  I think it's valid until sometime in March, happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment