Saturday, April 17, 2010

Long Mynd


Yesterday I planned to go for a run after work and was originally thinking about doing the Malvern Hills ridge but after talking to Katie she wanted to come out along side me on her bike so we tried out her new bike rack and went up to the Shropshire Hills.  We parked up in Church Stretton by the social club and made our way up the Carding Mill Valley.  As it steepened we walked up the Valley then ran/rode across the top just as the sun had gone down.  I've never noticed it before but there were really intense pockets of cold and hot air!  We came back down the Burway having done 6.5 miles in 1hr 25mins - not too bad considering we walked up to the top, my legs felt great and I could of done loads more - I feel like I can run for miles when in the hills and its great to chat to Katie while she rides along side and it's  inspiring that I can go faster on my feet (hehe - uphill anyway!).



Katie on her bike with my Petzl Myo XP for illumination!

It's lovely running in such open ground, I want to get up there again soon and do a longer route (not crammed in after working in Coventry all day and rushing back).  I also want to have a stab at the Malvern ridge after work one night.  I'm loving the longer days!  Also this was the first time I've worn my Inov8 Mudroc 380 (which I got for a bargain £48 from High Sports in Shrewsbury), they are bloody brilliant off road, bags and bags of grip and feedback but I would'nt want to pound much tarmac in them!  I'll hopefully have some pictures of some more climbing over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment