Monday, June 14, 2010

Welsh 3000's

I've not been running since Wednesday and I've been feeling a little rough today so I'm going to hit the steam room on the way home from work, I think because of dehydration from the weekend so I've backed off the running for today. Part of my plan for Alps preparation is to try and trot the Welsh 3000ft peaks (all 14, 15 or 16 of them depending on what you believe). I've sketched this GPX route up using Where's the path? and hosted it at GPSies, two free excellent resources which I use a lot. It follows the route as laid out by http://www.welsh3000s.co.uk/ which is probably the best resource on the internet that I've found. I know the route fairly well but the Forerunner will help keep me on track if the clag comes in.

I'll be climbing tomorrow, but given the club are at Llanymynech I'll probably have to go indoors unless I can talk someone into going outdoors locally as the drive from Coventry isn't worth if for a single climb! I'll be back to running tomorrow and then a short one perhaps on Thursday. I'm looking at starting on Saturday night with a Bivi on the summit of Snowdon and should have my dad in tow for support in Llanberis, Ogwen and then at the end.  I should be doing the route with Chris whom I'll be tearing it up with in the alps in 31 days :) My boss at work said he'll get me a pint and a packet of dry roasted nuts if I do it in under 10 hours, I think they will be mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment