Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sheinton Steeplechase

I ended up leading another route at Ippikins Rock after work for WMC meet and getting to bed late.  I also ran a quick 2 miles at lunch and did 3 sets of pull ups and the plank 3 times.  Not surprising that I felt a bit knackered after 4 days of climbing and all that!  Anyway I'd planned to do the Sheinton Steeplechase so I thought I'd give it a go!  I got there early (for a change!) and ran about half a mile to warm up.  I really was feeling tired and set off and was trying not to go too mad in the first mile but did a 7:46, not sustainable!  Anyway I slowed down a bit and lost about a minute crossing all the styles or waiting to and finished in a 28:51 which I was fairly pleased with and finished 49th of 66.  Considering how knackered I felt I was pleased with this.  Here is one a photo of me finishing strong and another in which you can see me chasing the guy in front from http://www.fellrunningpictures.co.uk./




Bala Challenge next on Saturday, I'll be interested to see how I get on over a distance of 20 miles with 4500ft of ascent but I'm not setting any goals other than to try my best and finish well!  Then I'm climbing in North Wales on Sunday with the club - until then rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment